Whether you are a fan of attention or not, when you bring twins out in public, YOU WILL GET ATTENTION. At first it was fun to answer questions and see the look on peoples faces when you wheel your giant twin stroller through the supermarket. But, after a few weeks it gets very very old. Sometimes I just want to be rude and not have to stop every 10 feet to talk to people. People say the same things and ask the same questions over and over again. Here are the most common ones:
- Are those twins?
- How old are they?
- Are they the same sex? OMG, now you are done!
- Are they natural?
- Do twins run in the family?
- Did you have IVF?
- Were you surprised when you found out?
- Your hands must be full
- I can’t believe you are out of the house
- God bless you
- Good luck (in a negative way)
- I always wanted to have twins
- My second cousins a twin
Here’s how I’d like to respond:
- Are those twins? – obviously
- How old are they? – 10 weeks
- Are they one of each? OMG, now you are done! – actually they are two girls and I would like to have more children so that statement is just ignorant.
- Are they natural? – as opposed to being aliens?
- Do twins run in the family? – actually they do, but that’s none of your business.
- Did you have IVF? First of all, no but again, none of your business. My husband and I had sex and what do you know, we got pregnant with twins.
- Were you surprised when you found out? Umm, obviously, who wouldn’t be?
- Your hands must be full – yes they are, now please get out of my way.
- I can’t believe you are out of the house – I do have a life and I’m not going to stay inside all day.
- God bless you – thanks! Twins really are the best
- Good luck (in a negative way) – thanks! I can’t imagine my life without my girls.
- I always wanted to have twins – well that’s just wonderful.
- My second cousins a twin – I really don’t care
What are the most ridiculous things you’ve heard? Did I miss any?